Orlando Area September Events Calendar
September Events in the Orlando Area
School's back in swing, but don't miss these fun events here in Central Florida!
Theme Parks & Attractions
This month begins Halloween festivities at the Magic Kingdom! The witching hour’s almost here, so get your favorite costume ready for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- September 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26 and 29 (continuing into October + November 1st)
- Separate tickets required for admission, starting at $74
Epcot's 2017 International Food And Wine Festival is still going on this month (continuing through November 13th).
Taste your way around the world with an endless selection of cuisine & beverages.
September is also the beginning of Universal Orlando Resort's Halloween Horror Nights. Universal Studios Florida™ comes alive with all-new hordes of horrifying mutants, monsters & maniacs. Explore 9 terrifying haunted houses, brave 5 creature-filled scare zones, enjoy 2 outrageous live shows, & experience many of the park’s most exciting rides & attractions. September 15-17, 21-24, 29-30th.
SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular also starts in September, running through October 29th on weekends. It’s an ocean of Halloween fun for the whole family. During this daytime event, families are immersed in an underwater "fantasea" including trick-or-treating, whimsical pumpkin fish, sea-themed arts and crafts and up-close animal encounters in a family-friendly event that could only come from SeaWorld.
September 1-October 1
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month, at select restaurants in Orange & Seminole counties. Over 100 Orlando area restaurants will offer prix fixe dinners for just $35 (usually with 3 courses or more). Through Visit Orlando, one dollar from each meal supports Freedom Ride and BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation.
September 9th, 12 to 4pm
Local Seafood, Craft Beer and Wine Festival at East End Market- 3201 Corrine Dr, Orlando. Featuring 3 local breweries & a seafood boil with Florida shrimp, Florida lobsters & more. Lauren Carder will be performing in the courtyard from 12-1:30 and Undine will be playing from 2-4pm. This will be a super fun way to celebrate the end of Summer! Food and drink tickets will be sold day of event.
International Food and Drink Festival at I-Drive 360. Enjoy free admission and parking for the public. Live music, entertainment, eating contests, prizes and more; enjoy authentic traditional cuisine from countries from all over the world! 8445 International Dr, Orlando, Florida 32819
September 30th, 12 to 4pm
2017 Orlando Brunch Festival at Orlando Festival Park. Taste some of the best brunch dishes from local restaurants and food truck vendors, as well as 50+ brunch cocktails and craft beers from local breweries including Orlando Brewing, Ocean Sun, Persimmon Hallow and more. General Admission $15 / Drink Sampling $35. 2911 E Robinson St, Orlando.
September 1st, 6pm
Movie Night at Leu Gardens- showing Star Wars: Rogue One. Enjoy an outdoor movie in a beautiful garden. Blankets or chairs are recommended. You may bring a dinner picnic basket. Alcohol is permitted. Gardens open at 6pm, Movie time at 8pm. Admission: $6 adult, $3 child (5-17 years of age). 1920 N Forest Ave, Orlando.
September 30th, 11am to 11pm
ARTlando at Orlando Loch Haven Park, a fun festival showcasing the arts in Central Florida. Featuring an Art Walk & Competition, unique Installations and Interactive Exhibits, a Performing Arts Stage, Cultural Attractions, a special Kid’s Zone, Artlando Happy Hour, Food Trucks, & much more! Free Admission. 900 E Princeton St, Orlando.
September 7th, 6 to 9pm
9th Annual Eclectic Knights at the Orlando Museum of Art. The UCF School of Visual Arts and Design and College of Arts and Humanities Alumni Chapter Board host their 9th Annual Eclectic Knights event that will feature artwork by UCF alumni, faculty, staff and students. Enjoy the gallery, live music cash bars and local cuisine. 2416 N Mills Ave, Orlando. Tickets $15
September 27th at 7:30pm: Orlando City Soccer vs New England Revolution
September 30th at 4pm: Orlando City Soccer vs FC Dallas
September 9th-10th, 5pm
Florida Tennis Tour World Tennis Cup by BottleDeck.net. Watch pro level tennis, FREE for spectators. USTA National Campus in Lake Nona - 10000 USTA Blvd., Orlando
September 20th, 6 to 9pm
- 2nd Annual Wine Box Art Show to benefit the Zebra Coalition at Quantum Leap Winery. This is a silent auction or buyout before the final night. 35 local artists have donated their time to paint 56 wine boxes. 100% of the proceeds will be donated. Refreshments provided. 1312 Wilfred Dr, Orlando.
September 23rd, 7:30 to midnight
- Headdress Ball - Imaginarium at Orlando World Center Marriott. Benefiting Hope & Help of Central Florida- with delicious food, dancing, silent & live auctions, and live entertainment. Guests are encouraged to wear their own unique headdress or hat in the style of our steampunk theme. $250 General Admission / $500 VIP. 8701 World Center Drive, Orlando.
September 30th, 5:30 to 11:30pm
- 2017 Hats & Heroes Ball at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. In celebration of 25 years, Kids Beating Cancer is presenting a Masquerade Ball like no other, a condensed concert featuring the music from the longest running Broadway show, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with TERRY BARBER and his Orchestra! Individual tickets $350 / Table sponsorships available. 14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
September Movie Releases
September 1st: Unlocked
September 8th: IT; Home Again; Rememory
September 15th: mother!; American Assassin; All I See is You
September 22nd: Kingsman: The Golden Circle; Stronger; The LEGO Ninjago Movie; Battle of the Sexes; Brad's Status; Friend Request
September 29th: Flatliners; American Made; 'Til Death Do Us Part